John PAØETE provides the Dutch radio amateurs on the repeaters PI3UTR and PI2NOS (and EchoLink for amateurs outside the Dutch borders) with amateur radio news in Dutch, German and the English language
He does this in two broadcasts:
- PAØØNEWS is a weekly broadcast on Friday from 21:30 to 23:30 UTC on the repeater PI3UTR and EchoLink, with Dutch and international amateur radio news, interviews and other interesting items.
This broadcast exists now about 2.5 years.
- The ‘Daily Minutes’ a news bulletin 5 to 7 minutes long, every night at 18:00 UTC on the repeater PI2NOS and EchoLink.
The latest news and DX propagation and this broadcast is repeated the following day at 9:30 UTC.
The 49 meter band:
There are now plans for 2015 to transmit the PAØØNEWS and “Daily Minutes” broadcast on a broadcasting frequency in the 49 meter band, so it can be heard all over Europe.
The frequency will probably be 6045 KHz and the transmission power 100 kW!
This new radio station will broadcast a new informative program, especially for
amateur radio operators and DXers,
Two-thirds or three-quarters of the program will be in Dutch and the rest in the English language.
For more info see the press release by John PAØETE, a PDF in the Dutch language.
There will maybe later an English version of the press release.
More on PAØETE:
- Shorties FM 24/7 Worldwide International small-scale non-commercial talk-radio.
- PAØØNEWS a webpage in the Dutch language.
- Archive Shorties FM podcast’s
- See also on the right side of this website under Live Audio: ‘Shorties FM live’ and the audio player.
You can E-mail John at: x at xdv.me